Caldaria Forum Index

Major War on Breast Cancer Announcement!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Caldaria Forum Index » Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riddick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Major War on Breast Cancer Announcement! Reply with quote

To all and singular that this may present,

Let this posting serve as notice that the people of Caldaria are mustering for battle. It is not enough to simply declare war. We cannot rest at home and rattle our sabers in the face of this terrifying enemy.

The war council is asking that all those of able body begin preparations to make our march. We will gather together in the city of Boston on the thirteenth of May next year and our march will begin the next morning. Our scouts have informed us that we will reach our goal if we march twenty six miles in the first day and thirteen on the next. This march will surely be difficult, but we must face our foe head on if we have any chance of victory!

We will see you then.

In Humble Service,
The War Council

Ok, so I'll translate my stylish post.

1. We've formed Team Caldaria to march in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Boston on May 14-15.
2. We are looking for people to come walk with us.
3. The walk is 1.5 marathons in total. (approx 39 miles over 2 days)
4. In order to participate in the walk the Avon Foundation requires each walker to raise $1800 in donations. There are obviously a number of tools available for everyone to use to help raise funds, but the requirement is there.
5. Our team will be working to set up pretty aggressive fund raising to try and help everyone on the team reach their goals. (The War council will be in charge of a lot of the group fund raising and right now consists of myself and Kelsey.)

Those are the details. If you are interested in joining the team and/or have any questions please contact either myself or Kelsey. You can also post questions on this thread and we will answer them asap.

This is a great opportunity for us to work together as a group to make a difference. Kelsey and I know that this is a pretty significant commitment, but we would love for our team to be as big as we can make it! The feeling of walking towards that finish line together is going to be awesome.

Regards,
Stephen
One Half of the War Council

Rika

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve has already introduced this initiative so well.

At Alliance LARP Caldaria we are more than a group of people who play a game. We are a community. We are a family that I am proud to be part of year after year. I can think of no group of people with whom I would rather begin this very real world adventure, training for and walking 39.3 miles.

We have a host of resources at our disposal in this, from training plans to tons of room for creative fundraising. And we are a collection of creative, dedicated, determined people. This is a challenge we can conquer.

The team webpage is:
http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/caldaria

Let Steve or I know if you have any questions, whether you are interested in walking or stepping up to help those who do walk raise money. We don't want to simply meet the minimum fundraising goal. We want to blow it out of the water. Share the link. Join the fight. Do it all.. one step at a time.

Best,
Kelsey
One Half of the War Council

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Caldaria Forum Index » Official Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: