Caldaria Forum Index

Open letter from Baroness Desali

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreadpiratebill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Open letter from Baroness Desali Reply with quote

To the good and honorable people of Caldaria,

I have been in contact with Ambassador Seng Da Fei and the Court of the Sun over the last few weeks. The Court of the Sun has apologized for the attack on my House, and they have my sympathies regarding the permanent loss of Commander Liang of the South Wind. I wish that the settling of this matter were to be as simple as this.

At this time it is the opinion of the Court of the Sun that further contact with the world outside their borders will invariably lead to further conflict. As such the Ambassador has informed me that the Court of the Sun will not recognize our agreement. The Court of the Sun wishes to reevaluate the degree to which they want their people and culture interacting with the rest of the world. As such the Court of the Sun will be closing the border of the Veiled Forest to all traffic, Caldarian and Twilight Elven alike, in one month's time. It is unknown when the Court of the Sun will see fit to open her borders again.

I want the people of Caldaria to know that, although this turn of events is hardly the ideal relationship both nations have enjoyed until recently, I hold no ill will toward the Court of the Sun for the actions of a single commander, in what he believed to be the opening acts of war. He did what he felt he must, obeying his lords and fulfilling his duty. By all reports he accepted the consequence of his actions with honor and dignity. I commend Commander Liang for his integrity in the face of such dire consequences. He knew fulfilling his duty might lead his people into war, and he was prepared to do what he must, and was ready to face what consequences came as a result of that choice. I lament the losses of my House, the families who have lost fathers, sisters, mothers, and brothers, but I respect this man for holding true to his oaths. There is no more honorable a path than service to one's Kingdom.

House Desali will be establishing a new Capital in our lands to the West of the Barony of Carr, and hope to break ground on our first settlement, New Delios, in two weeks’ time. It is my hope that in time the Court of the Sun will remember the benefits of the alliance with Caldaria, and will return to the table to discuss our mutual futures. I will do what I can to keep in contact with Ambassador Seng Da Fei.

Glory and Honor to Caldaria,
Baroness Brea Desali
Baroness of Desali
Matriarch of House Desali

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Caldaria Forum Index » Tavern Postings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: